#Nerd Book Review

***  Book Cover from Author Website


Official #Nerd Blurb 

Never judge a person by their status.
Rimmel Hudson isn’t your ordinary girl. She doesn’t care about her hair, clothes, or the color of her lip-gloss. She volunteers at the local animal shelter and spends more time with her furry friends than anyone on two legs. People are too judgmental, but animals love unconditionally.
Her time at the shelter gets interrupted when she’s told she has to start tutoring on campus to keep her scholarship for veterinary medicine. She tells herself its all part of the path to get her where she wants to be in life.
And then she meets the person she has to tutor.
Roman “Romeo” Anderson is probably the most well known student at her entire college. He is practically a football god, from a prestigious family, rushing the most popular frat on campus… and he has no clue she’s alive.
Rimmel and Romeo are from completely different worlds—worlds that usually run parallel and never intersect.
Until now.
Romeo didn’t get his name by staying home on Saturday night. When beautiful women throw themselves at you, you do the honorable thing and show them a good time. Tutoring is just something he has to do to stay on the team until he’s drafted by the NFL.
Romeo never thought he’d be totally charmed by Rimmel. He never thought a girl like her would intrigue him like no one else. But he can’t date a #nerd—can he?
He thinks maybe he can. But everyone else has a different idea.
With the odds stacked against them, can Romeo and Rimmel find a way to bring their two completely different worlds together, or will Rimmel’s #nerd status stand in their way?

Official Review of #Nerd


I can see why a lot of people gave #Nerd multiple high ratings. I thought it was a very good stand-alone romance. The book was fast paced, and one of the few books, I could actually say that I felt like never putting down. The plot was excellent and had a few surprises for me on the way the story line was going to go, which was a plus for me. I loved the author’s one sentence chapters. It was bold and for the most part original. As far as characterization goes, I loved the character Rimmel, she was very relatable to me. I was also a shy college student, with not many friends. As far as, the character of Roman, or Romeo, I didn’t really feel a connection. While I loved his arc, he and I never connected in the beginning of the book, and when his character began to grow, I still felt disconnected with him. One of the reasons, why I felt disconnected to him was that he seemed perfect. When the character is introduced, everything about him screams alpha male. Hair, body, eyes, personality. I don’t like characters like that. He never had a large flaw. If I had to guess, his flaws were a womanizer and being popular. That’s it, nothing else. Rimmel on the other hand, has a whole list of flaws; she is shy, clumsy, skeletons in the closet, loner, her appearance is hidden away by clothing/hair. Where are Romeo’s flaws? I think the story could have been better if he had a deeper flaw than just being a womanizer.

 My last gripe with the book was the college itself. While the author does an amazing job of world building the university of Alpha U, I still had a hard time believing the fictional university. I’ve gone to college, and received my bachelor and master degrees, spending over six years on campus, and let me tell you, college does not work like the way the author wrote it. Her version was very fictional, and it worked with the story, but several times I found myself either laughing or rolling my eyes at some of the actions during book. Her version of the college, was more similar to a high school. Now the school I went to had over 30,000 students, so I perhaps, the college that Romeo and Rimmel were attending was smaller, but at a large school, with over 20,000 students. The rest of the campus is not that involved into the love life of the popular quarterback and tutor. They are worried about their own grades and lifestyle. I would understand, if the Greek life circle followed them, because a lot of the plot line is about a frat, but outside of the Greek life, umm…. I really don’t think that the entire college stops for one person. I’ve seen popular football players and basketball players walk around my campus, and let me tell you, no girls or random students people are gushing after them. There are stares and the occasional selfie, but that’s about it. Plus there would never be a recommended twitter feed from the school that publishes status updates of who is dating who and where the current whereabouts of popular football player might be. If there was such popular feed, it would be private. Schools don’t want the hassle, trust me.
Now, after all of that abuse, please don’t take me wrong, that was just me nitpicking. It truly is a very good read and it’s hard to put down. I only nitpick because; these are just some of the questions I had when I was reading. The novel is perfect weekend read, and has somewhat relatable characters. If you’re a fan of college romances, geeky/nerdy heroines, and alpha male heroes, then this book is for you. Overall, I am giving #Nerd four out of five stars. As I said before, I love the fun, fast pace of the novel, and besides my two small annoyances, I still think the book is a solid read. If you would like to read the book yourself, it’s available on Amazon and Kindle Unlimited. 

Links




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Updated Content?

New Book!

Cover of the Month