Quarterly Update

Let's take a time machine to January 6th. The new year just begun and dozens of author's on twitter were posting their goals they wanted to accomplish during the year. I thought, hey this might be a fun idea to get my goals posted. Therefore, here I am today giving an update on all my current projects, and no this not an April Fools prank.

The Dream: 


Above is my original tweet from January 6th. My goal was to publish three new books, create a blog and read over twenty five books. Let's breaking down each goal here is where I stand.

1. I still have not published anything yet in 2018, but I do have several works in progress. My first ever contemporary novel, Lottery Date rough draft is completed. Currently, I placed this title on the back burner to work on some of my other drafts. However, I will most likely pick up Lottery Date in April to continue editing it. I'm still working on the sequel to Jason's Awakening. The rough draft is currently sitting at about 15,000 words. My second contemporary novel's rough draft is sitting at about 13,000. Overall, I think I am at a good pace of completing this goal by the end of the year. However only time will tell.

2. This had to be the easiest goal, out of the three. I think I created the blog with in ten days of creating this list. Therefore, I am giving myself a self five.

On a serious note, I am going to be upgrading this goal to be more challenging. I would love to have this blog have over fifty post by the end of the year. Can I do it? Hopefully.

3. To be a good writer, you have to read a ton. Therefore, I set my goal to read twenty five books by the end of the year. As of right now I've only read five books, however using simple math I should of read more than six books by now, so I am falling behind. 

One goal has been completed, while two are still in process. Not to bad for the first quarter. I can't wait to see where I stand after June.

RM


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for Updated Content?

New Book!

Cover of the Month