Writing Journal- Should I Stay or Should I Go 8/1/2019

Over the last week, I've been working on promoting The Alpha Nanny and working on The Alpha Experience, as I've been writing, I've had this idea. It's been there for the last week. Part of me believes it's from the recent Star Wars marathon that I had. As I've watched endless lightsaber fights and starship battles, I remembered my first ever draft. It was a sci-fi military novel. It never was finished as I decided to go a different direction, but overtime, I've realized that, I really want to finish it. 
The problem is that I'm a romance writer, not a sci-fi writer. While this book will have romance, this will not be the main focus, in fact it will far from it. I'm still toying with the idea of how I'm going to publish it. Part of me wants to just use my pen name, but the other believes that I should create a new pen name. I'm leaning to just publishing under Remy Marie. I've created a great platform, with this pen name, and it would be easier to add additional titles to my growing list of written work. With that said, you will be seeing some updates on this sci-fi novel in additional to my other WIPs.

The Alpha Experience

I've gotten a bit fatigued with this title and will be moving on to my untitled Sci-fi romance for a bit. While I will still be working on this title every once and a while, I'm not going to but my main focus on this title.

Projects in the Works
The Date Lottery: Post Production- Minor Edits Release Date- TBA 2019
Mohinder’s Wrath: Production w/ Heavy Editing
With A Little Luck: (The Date Lottery Sequel) Production, Rough Draft at 10,467 words.
The Alpha Experience: (The Alpha Nanny Sequel) Production, Rough Draft at 11,589 words
Next Week Work Schedule
This section is more for me, less for you. However, I think it’s cool to see what I’m planning on doing over the next week, until the next blog. This schedule is not set in stone, I may be either ahead or behind schedule it all depends on what is actually happening that day. I also have a day job and a family, so my life always has it's unexpected turns.

Friday: Personal Day (No set writing goals. Just write)
Saturday: Personal Day 
Sunday: Personal Day
Monday: Writing Day
Tuesday: Writing Day
Wednesday: Writing Day
Thursday: Writing Day/ Blog Day
Total Word Count Goal:In the last three weeks, I've never been able to meet a word count goal. So for this week on, my writing goal will be just write. If I write 100 words or 10,000 words, it doesn't matter, as long as I write. That is what counts.
 
If you would like daily updates on my writing journey, please follow me on Twitter or Instagram. My handles for both accounts are @remymarieauthor




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Book!

Cover of the Month

New Release